- All-new engine for Forester 2.5X models (turbocharged 2.5XT retains current engine); new bore/stroke dimensions with slightly longer stroke; displacement slightly larger (2,498 cc vs. 2,457 cc); chain driven double overhead cam versus belt driven single overhead cam before; 170 horsepower is same as before, at slightly lower rpm; torque is up to 174 lb-ft at 4,100 rpm (vs. 170 @ 4,400 rpm); fuel economy is improved: 2011 manual and automatic transmissions 21 mpg city/27 mpg highway vs. 2010 20/27 for manual and 20/26 for automatic.
- New 2.5X Touring positioned above Limited: features HID headlights (low beam) with automatic height adjustment; display audio system with backup camera; dual-zone automatic climate control; silver finish roof rails; electroluminescent gauges; and side mirrors with integrated turn signals.
- 2.5XT models now include 2.5XT Premium and 2.5XT Touring, the latter replacing 2.5XT Limited as top Forester model.
- 2.5XT Premium gets new 10-way power driver’s seat.
- Bluetooth1 standard on all but base model.
- Backup camera standard on 2.5X Touring and 2.5XT Touring as part of new audio system.
- New standard audio system for 2.5X Premium and 2.5XT Premium: AM/FM stereo with single-disc CD player and six speakers; 3.5mm auxiliary input jack; Bluetooth hands-free calling and audio streaming; iPod® control capability; USB port; and SIRIUS™ satellite radio capability.
- New optional TomTom2 navigation system for 2.5X Premium includes removable 4.3-inch touch-screen portable navigation device; AM/FM stereo with single-disc CD/DVD player and six speakers; 3.5mm auxiliary input jack; Bluetooth hands-free calling; iPod control capability; and USB port. Also, a backup camera is available as an accessory with this system.
- New audio system with rear camera for 2.5X Limited and Touring and 2.5XT Touring models: AM/FM stereo with single-disc CD/DVD player and six speakers; 4.3-inch display screen; Radio Broadcast Data System; 3.5mm auxiliary input jack; Bluetooth hands-free calling and audio streaming; iPod control capability; USB port; and SIRIUS satellite radio capability. (The backup camera is standard on 2.5X Touring and 2.5XT Touring and available as an accessory for 2.5X Limited.)
- Driver’s auto-up/-down window with pinch protection (except base model).
- New 17-inch alloy wheel design for 2.5X Premium.
- New body-color roof spoiler on 2.5XT models.
1 Bluetooth is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc.
2 TomTom is a registered trademark of TomTom International B.V. Corporation.