After receiving a considerable number of revisions for the 2011 model year, the award-winning Subaru Forester carries over with its Subaru core technology, versatile interior, and efficient drivetrain for 2012.
- Forester 2.5X
- Forester 2.5X Premium
- Forester 2.5X Limited
- Forester 2.5X Touring
- Forester 2.5XT Premium
- Forester 2.5XT Touring
Last year’s refresh gave Forester a new grille, audio systems, and related electronics, as well as a brand-new, more fuel-efficient engine. With these and other modifications, Forester has maintained its popularity and following. (Read more about the 2011 Forester in Fall 2010 Drive.)
Besides a number of minor changes for 2012, two bear mentioning – standard height adjustment for the front passenger seat in all models and a new optional navigation system for 2.5X Limited, 2.5X Touring, and 2.5XT Touring models.
The AM/FM stereo with HD Radio™1 single-disc CD player and navigation includes:
- Touch-Screen GPS Navigation System with 6.1-inch LCD screen
- Voice-activated controls
- iTunes®2 tagging capability
- SMS text messaging capability
- XM®3 satellite radio and NavTraffic®4 – subscription required
- Six speakers
- Roof-mounted audio and satellite antenna
- Rear-vision camera (accessory on Limited, standard on Touring)
- MP3/WMA file capability
- Bluetooth®5 audio streaming and hands-free phone connectivity
- iPod®6 control capability
- Auxiliary input jack and USB port
The current-generation Forester was introduced for the 2009 model year. Read about what we said about it then. The 2012 Forester will begin to arrive in dealer showrooms at the end of October 2011. At that time, find out more at www.subaru.com.
1 HD Radio is a trademark of iBiquity Digital Corporation.
2 iTunes is a registered trademark of Apple Inc.
3 XM is a registered trademark of XM Satellite Radio, Inc.
4 XM NavTraffic is a registered trademark of XM Satellite Radio, Inc.
5 Bluetooth is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc.
6 iPod is a registered trademark of Apple Inc.