Holding to the highest of standards, Subaru builds some of the best mechanically designed, engineered, and manufactured vehicles in the world.
To make those vehicles last, we ask owners to partner with us by following a regular schedule for maintenance and performing minor checks between maintenance services.
Through such a partnership, Subaru can help make your vehicle last longer and reduce lifetime maintenance costs, your carbon footprint, and the use of fossil-based oils. In addition, it will free up some of your valuable time.
Improvements in oil and engine technologies allow vehicles to travel further between recommended oil changes. Regular checks help you to discover and prevent your engine oil from falling to dangerously low levels, which could cause significant engine damage.
1. Park the vehicle on a level surface and stop the engine. If you check the oil level just after stopping the engine, wait a few minutes for the oil to drain back into the oil pan before checking the level.
2. Pull out the dipstick, wipe it clean, and insert it again.
3. Be sure the dipstick is correctly inserted until it stops.
4. Pull out the dipstick again.
5. Check the oil levels on both sides of the dipstick. The engine oil level must be judged by the lowest of the two levels. If the oil level is below the low-level mark, add oil so that the full level is reached.