2009 Subaru Forester AT-A-GLANCE
- Forester, one of the first crossover-type compact SUVs, is all new for 2009, with bolder SUV styling, an all-new platform for better ride and handling and a roomier, more refined interior.
- Sport Utility Tough, Car Easy® crossover design blends positive SUV attributes such as a high seating point and interior versatility with passenger car comfort, handling and fuel efficiency.
- Standard Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive and Vehicle Dynamics Control (VDC) give Forester models outstanding all-climate traction and stability.
- Bold new SUV styling on a longer wheelbase than previous models (103.0 in. vs. 99.4 in.).
- Longer wheelbase yields improved interior roominess and ride quality. New chassis improves crash-worthiness, and a stiffer platform gives Forester crisper handling and smoother ride.
- Sophisticated double-wishbone rear suspension replaces strut-based configuration of the previous model; provides enhanced driving dynamics and improved cargo versatility.
- Subaru Dynamic Chassis Control Concept (Subaru DC3) optimized all elements of the Forester’s chassis to deliver a better balance of ride, handling response, quietness and overall traction performance than offered by competitive vehicles.
- Forester combines the benefits of the new, stronger platform, Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive, VDC (electronic traction control included), 4-wheel disc ABS, Brake Assist, and, on 5-speed models, Incline Start Assist.
- Improved ACT-4 system incorporated with automatic transmission constantly monitors the rotation of the four wheels and engine output in real time via onboard LAN system.
- Side curtain air bags standard for all models.
- 2.5-liter Boxer engines (naturally aspirated and turbocharged/intercooled) modified to provide broader torque curve for better performance.
- Incline Start Assist (5-speed models) can momentarily prevent the vehicle from rolling backward when being driven away from a stop on an incline; improves on mechanical Hill Holder feature used in Forester previously.
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System standard on all models.
- Interior uses new higher-quality materials, including double-stitched fabrics and high-grade plastics.
- Optional touch-screen navigation system, including Audyssey MultEQ® audio enhancement.
- All models come pre-wired for installation of XM® or SIRIUS® Satellite Radio.
- Two different versions of Symmetrical AWD, depending on transmission: Models with 5-speed manual transmission feature a viscous-coupling locking center differential that splits power 50:50 front to rear. Models with ACT-4, 4-speed automatic transmission use an electronically managed continuously variable transfer clutch that actively manages the power split based on acceleration, deceleration and available traction. Both systems power all four wheels and will transfer power to the wheels with the best grip.
- Ring Shaped Frame Reinforcement body structure provides outstanding occupant protection. Standard safety features include 3-point seatbelts for all seating positions, front seatbelt pretensioners and force limiters, Subaru Advanced Airbag System, curtain side air bags, front seat side-impact air bags and rear seat headrests for all three seating positions. Active front head restraints can help reduce the potential for whiplash injury in a rear collision, and a safety brake pedal system can help reduce lower leg injury in a frontal collision.
- 12-volt cargo area power outlet
- 16x6.5-inch steel wheels with full covers
- 24-hour roadside assistance for new-car limited warranty period
- 3-spoke steering wheel
- 60/40 split fold down rear seatback
- Air conditioning with air filtration
- AM/FM stereo system with single-disc CD player and four speakers
- Auxiliary audio input jack
- Cargo area light and tie-down hooks
- Carpeted floor mats
- Cruise control
- Digital odometer and dual-mode trip odometer
- Digital outside temperature gauge
- Engine immobilizer
- Engine speed-sensing rack-and-pinion power steering
- Foldable power side mirrors
- Gas-damper hood supports
- Headlights/parking lights auto-off with ignition switch
- Heavy-duty raised suspension
- Height-adjustable driver’s seat
- Incline Start Assist (5-speed manual transmission)
- Information center with digital clock , outside temperature gauge and average fuel economy
- Multi-function center console
- Power door locks
- Power windows with driver’s one-touch auto down
- Pre-wired for remote starter (automatic transmission only)
- Pre-wired for XM® or SIRIUS® Satellite Radio
- Rear window wiper with washer
- Remote keyless entry system
- Subaru Advanced Airbag System, front seat head / chest side impact air bags and side curtain air bags
- Tilt adjustable steering column
- Tire Pressure Monitoring System
- Variable intermittent windshield wipers
- 17x7-inch aluminum alloy wheels
- AM/FM 100-watt premium stereo with 6-disc in-dash CD changer, 6-speakers and SRS Circle Surround system
- Automatic climate control system
- Fog lights
- Heated exterior mirrors
- Heated front seats
- Windshield wiper de-icer
- Leather-trimmed upholstery
- Leather-wrapped shifter handle
- Leather-wrapped steering wheel with buttons for cruise control and audio system
- Power driver’s seat
- 60/40 split fold down rear seatback with reclining feature
- Panoramic power glass moonroof
- Roof cross bars
- Tilt-and telescope adjustable steering column (2.5 XT and 2.5 XT Limited models only)
- Touch-screen GPS navigation system
- Dark tint privacy glass