The 2014 Forester is as sophisticated as any Subaru, with top-of-the-line systems and technologies.
Among the totally new equipment for the 2014 Forester are these standard and optional features:
|A Good Cleaning: Vehicles with available EyeSight have an added windshield-washer-fluid nozzle to help maintain the system’s clear view looking forward.
- Electric Power Assisted Steering – enhanced fuel economy and tuned for driving feel
- Keyless Access & Start – start with the push of a button
- Brake Override System – reduced engine output when the brake and accelerator are pressed simultaneously
- EyeSight1 driver assist system – adaptive cruise control and more
- Aha™2 smartphone integration with available navigation system – personalize your entertainment and information
- Low-oil level indicator – helps prevent engine damage
- 6-speed manual and Lineartronic CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission) – smoother shifting, better fuel economy
- Low Shift Mode – downshift for engine braking control
- X-Mode – increase AWD capability on bad roads, slippery surfaces, or steep hills at the push of a button
- Hill Descent Control – maintains constant speed downhill
- Subaru Intelligent Drive (SI-DRIVE) – change engine modes to match conditions and driving preferences
- Rear-vision camera – see what’s behind you when backing up
- Premium audio with Harman Kardon®3 amplifier and speakers
- Display screen: 4.3" LCD color
- Ambient temperature gauge
- Analog clock/digital clock/calendar
- Audio and Bluetooth®4 information (not available in models with navigation system)
- EyeSight1 system operation
- Fuel economy: current and average fuel economy, A and B, and distance to empty
- Fuel economy and ECO gauge
- Guidance screen
- HVAC information
- Interrupt warning screen: outside temperature/vehicle systems
- Journey travel time
- Rear-vision camera
- Maintenance area self-check and vehicle maintenance reminder
- User configurable triple meter display
- Vehicle activation status of:
- Hill Descent Control
1 EyeSight is a driver-assist system which may not operate optimally under all driving conditions. The driver is always responsible for safe and attentive driving. System effectiveness depends on many factors such as vehicle maintenance, and weather and road conditions. See Owner’s Manual for complete details on system operation and limitations.
2 Aha is a trademark of HARMAN International Industries, Inc.
3 Harman Kardon is a registered trademark of HARMAN International Industries, Inc.
4 Bluetooth is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc.