The all-new Legacy interior complements its exterior design with refined styling. Trim and textures demonstrate attention to detail and quality. Control placement and operation are intuitive, with displays placed on the dash with the most frequently used on top.
Standard and optional interior features enhancing occupant comfort and convenience include:
- Electronic parking brake with Hill Holder® system function; in automatic mode, it releases with gas-pedal operation and engages when the vehicle stops on a 5 percent or greater incline
- Tilt and telescoping steering column
- Steering wheel-mounted audio and cruise control switches
- Automatic headlights
- Auto-up driver's window
- Center console with 12-volt power outlets and enclosed storage compartment
- Eight cupholders
- 10-way power driver's seat
- 4-way power front passenger's seat
- All-Weather Package, which includes windshield wiper de-icer, heated side mirrors, and heated front seats
Subaru took advantage of the advances in electronics, offering these standard and optional systems, depending on model:
- 4-speaker audio system with SRS(•)® CS Auto3 (audio enhancement system), single-disc in-dash CD player and MP3/WMA/AAC capability
- 9-speaker harman/kardon®4 premium audio system with 440-watt amplifier, subwoofer, 6-disc in-dash CD changer and MP3/WMA capability
- Voice-activated, 8-inch high-resolution touch-screen GPS navigation system and single-disc CD/DVD player5 with Bluetooth®6 wireless phone
- Auxiliary audio jack
- XM®7 or SIRIUS®8 Satellite Radio capability9
- Bluetooth wireless phone and audio capability (Fall 2009 Drive will have an article about Bluetooth.)
1 EPA estimated fuel mileage. Actual mileage may vary.
2 SPORTSHIFT is a registered trademark of Prodrive, Ltd.
3 SRS(•)® and Circle Surround Automotive (CS Auto) are registered trademarks of SRS Labs, Inc.
4 harman/kardon is a registered trademark of Harman International Industries, Inc.
5 With vehicle stopped and parking brake engaged.
6 Bluetooth is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc.
7 XM is a registered trademark of XM Satellite Radio, Inc.
8 Sirius is a trademark of Sirius Satellite Radio, Inc.
9 Available as an accessory. See your dealer. Satellite radio hardware and required monthly subscription sold separately.
Read more about Subaru vehicles at www.subaru.com.
The introduction of the fifth-generation Legacy falls during the vehicle's 20th anniversary celebration. Still true to its roots, Legacy gives us more for 2010 -- more intelligent engineering, dynamic driving, and thoughtful equipment. This is only a brief overview of the all-new Legacy. Find information and images from its introduction at the New York International Auto Show here. Also, watch www.subaru.com for more news.