With the electronic parking brake mounted on the dash, the console area opens up. Outback now has a large, two-stage center console that features a bin for larger items.
There are a number of convenient places to stash items around the interior. Here are a few:
- Pockets in all door and trim panels, and passenger seatback
- Holders for tickets/cards on the driver's visor and for glasses overhead
- Bins in front of the shifter and at the back of the center console
- A coin tray behind the shifter
- Cupholders in each door panel (four), in the front center console (two), and in the rear seat armrest (two)
- Underfloor storage
- Tonneau cover
The cargo area behind the 60/40-split folding second-row seats is wider than in the previous model. Also, more space is available between the wheel wells and in the height of the cargo area. Cargo area with the seatbacks in place has increased slightly. Outback remains easier to load than crossovers and SUVs.