THE ALL-NEW 2015 LEGACY
With today’s all-new 2015 Legacy, Subaru dialed up the driving experience to make it the most exciting, responsive, refined, and fun-to-drive sedan on the market today. This new Legacy comes outfitted with a wide array of industry-leading features for enhanced driving dynamics.
- Subaru proprietary EyeSight1 Driver Assist Technology has been awarded the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety top rating for its ability to actually mitigate front crash potential. EyeSight is one of the industry’s most effective crash-prevention systems. Read more about EyeSight innovations.
- Largest passenger volume in its class of sedan models (104.6 cu. ft.).2
- Faster, smoother, and more efficient, the new Lineartronic CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission) provides seamless response to changing driving conditions and extremely efficient fuel economy. Standard equipment includes a six-step manual mode with paddle shifters, for those who enjoy a more spirited driving experience.
- Smooth handling and control come compliments of a new responsive Electric Power Assisted Steering system.
- Improved cornering performance through confidence-inspiring Vehicle Dynamics Control with Active Torque Vectoring that really holds the curves.
- Additional amenities include enhanced infotainment, available premium audio system, heated rear seats, keyless access with push-button start and PIN-code access, larger sunroof, and more!
From its very first vehicle until today, Subaru continues to lead the way by building cars for drivers who demand more.
- Subaru remains committed to its horizontally opposed, boxer engine designs, which have less vibration and contribute to a lower center of gravity. They add to the vehicle’s feeling of a refined drive. Thanks to innovative fuel-saving technologies like active grille shutters that close to reduce wind resistance, the new Legacy has outstanding EPA fuel economy, with an estimated 36 mpg highway.3
- For increased confidence behind the wheel, all Subaru sedans and SUVs are designed with Symmetrical AWD, which improves traction and handling. Subaru is the industry’s recognized pioneer in AWD development.
- The Vehicle Dynamics Control system and Active Torque Vectoring – the same feature found on WRX and WRX STI models – provides incredible cornering agility by applying the brake of the inner front wheel while distributing torque to the outer front wheel. It provides the ultimate in steering control and makes urban jungles and canyon roads equally desired destinations for your next adventure.
- For a more stable and smooth ride and overall better handling, Subaru increased the all-new Legacy frame’s torsional body stiffness by a remarkable 43 percent. Foam injected into the frame as well as liquid-filled engine mounts contribute to a significantly quieter ride.
The Subaru Legacy is an industry leader in safety technology. It boasts eight airbags,4 including new front-seat-cushion airbags.4 Other safety enhancements:
- Blind Spot Detection5 with Lane Change Assist5 warns of vehicles in your blind spots, which is especially helpful when changing lanes.
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert5 detects approaching vehicles you can’t see when backing up.
- Steering-Responsive Fog Lights pivot with the steering wheel to illuminate the road for better visibility.
1 EyeSight is a driver assist system which may not operate optimally under all driving conditions. The driver is always responsible for safe and attentive driving. System effectiveness depends on many factors such as vehicle maintenance, weather and road conditions. See Owner’s Manual for complete details on system operations and limitations. Please remember to turn off EyeSight when going through a car wash.
2 Data supplied by Motor Trend/website sources as of 1/7/14 using the IHS Automotive: Polk non-luxury traditional mid-size vehicle segment.
3 EPA estimate. Actual mileage may vary. 36 mpg is CVT North American model ONLY.
4 The airbag Supplemental Restraint System (SRS) affords the driver and the front passenger additional protection in moderate to severe frontal and side-impact collisions and outboard 2nd row passengers additional protection in moderate to severe side-impact collisions. This system provides supplemental protection only, and seatbelts must be worn in order to avoid injuries to out-of-position occupants upon bag deployment and to provide the best combined protection in a serious accident. Children should always be properly restrained in one of the rear seats. See Owner’s Manual for recommended seating position.
5 Blind Spot Detection, Lane Change Assist and Rear Cross Traffic Alert are systems designed to assist the driver by monitoring the rear and side areas of the vehicle during a lane change or reversing and are not a substitute for safe and attentive driving.