Subaru Partners with the U.S. National Park FOUNDATION
“There are 84 million acres of iconic, treasured, and sacred places protected in America’s more than 400 national parks – and it all belongs to you. This is your land.” – nationalparks.org
Subaru has partnered with the U.S. National Park Foundation to support the preservation of our parks for many generations to come.
At Subaru, we’re wild about our nation’s more than 400 National Parks. That’s why we partner with the National Park Foundation (NPF) – the official charity of the U.S. National Park Service – to help ensure the preservation of our parks for generations to come.
It’s a well-matched relationship. Subaru and America’s National Parks inspire adventure and exploration. The NPF also shares our passion for connecting people to the outdoors through its innovative programs, including America’s Best Idea, Active Trails, and Ticket to Ride.
Your Next Adventure
National Parks offer something for everyone – from diverse wildlife and iconic landscapes to vibrant culture and rich history. Wherever you go, you’ll find opportunities to hike, observe wildlife, paint, photograph, enjoy views, and make memories.
Together, we will continue to support and celebrate these havens of natural beauty.
Share the Love
Subaru selected NPF as one of five national charities to participate in its sixth annual “Share the Love” event. From November 21, 2013, to January 2, 2014, Subaru donated $250 to the customer’s choice of charity. Subaru ultimately presented the foundation with a check for $1.4 million, which then was used as Impact Grants to nine National Parks.
Read more about Share the Love and the NPF.
Find a National Park near you. And before you go, get your free Owner’s Guide to America’s National Parks.
2015 Outback Safety Enhancements
- Blind Spot Detection does exactly what it says – it uses radar sensors to detect when other vehicles are in your blind spot, then provides you with a visual warning in the side mirror.
- This system also includes Lane Change Assist – if you signal to change lanes and the system senses a vehicle in your blind spot, it will alert you with a flashing indicator in your side mirror.
- Rear Cross Traffic Alert – a real asset when backing up, it uses the same sensors as Blind Spot Detection to warn you when traffic is approaching from the side by illuminating a flashing indicator in your side mirror and with an audible tone.
- Steering-Responsive Fog Lights – when you turn the steering wheel left or right, the fog lights automatically pivot to help light the way.
- An airbag rollover sensor that deploys the airbags if its system senses an impending vehicle rollover.
Infotainment for the Outback Traveler
Navigation Infotainment System:
High-resolution 7-inch touch-screen with voice-activated controls.
Subaru STARLINK1 smartphone integration:
You’re Aha™2 and Pandora® ready – after all, magnificent National Park scenery deserves its own playlist. Plus, keep your hands on the wheel with Bluetooth®3 hands-free phone connectivity and text messaging.
SiriusXM®4 satellite radio:
Get that powder or beach report in crisp HD sound.
1 Compatible smartphone and application required. For applications to operate, latest version of each application and optional integrated audio and navigation system unit required. Data provided by smartphone is displayed on navigation screen. Some state laws prohibit the operation of handheld electronic devices while operating a vehicle. Smartphone apps should only be launched when vehicle is safely parked. Your wireless carrier’s rates may apply.
2 Compatible smartphone and free Aha app required. For Aha to operate, latest version of Aha application and optional integrated audio and navigation system unit required. Data provided by smartphone is displayed on navigation screen. Some state laws prohibit the operation of handheld electronic devices while operating a vehicle. Smartphone apps should only be launched when vehicle is safely parked. Aha is a trademark of HARMAN International Industries, Incorporated. Your wireless carrier’s rates may apply.
3 Bluetooth is a registered trademark of Bluetooth SIG, Inc.
4 SiriusXM is a registered trademark of SiriusXM Satellite Radio, Inc.