AYES recognized Dealer Sara Carter and Service Manager Todd Coleman of Carter Subaru Shoreline for their support by naming the Seattle, Washington, organization as the August 2010 Dealership of the Month. Carter Subaru has mentored seven AYES students since 2002.
AYES provides help to high school students with their education and arranges internships in local dealerships after graduation.
Steven Pittman of Dewey Griffin Subaru in Bellingham, Washington, earned this year's Subaru/ASE (Automotive Service Excellence) Master Automobile Technician of the Year award. Pittman received the award during a ceremony at the Scottsdale Cottonwoods Resort in Scottsdale, Arizona, on November 17.
Pittman has been a member of the Dewey Griffin Subaru family since 1980. Currently a team leader, he has been a Subaru Senior Master Technician since 2003 and a Subaru specialist since 1985.
Congratulations are in order to the following nine Subaru technicians, who finished as runners-up:
- Anthony Burns, Alleghany Subaru (Covington, Virginia)
- George Weller, Ambassador Subaru (Moscow, Idaho)
- Daniel Pratt, Flatirons Subaru (Boulder, Colorado)
- Thomas Milorey, Subaru of Cherry Hill (Cherry Hill, New Jersey)
- Martin Powers, Terry Subaru (Lynchburg, Virginia)
- Robert Roddy, Placer Subaru (Helena, Montana)
- Keith Pulfer, Hatfield Subaru (Columbus, Ohio)
- Geoffrey Gibbens, Nate Wade Subaru (Salt Lake City, Utah)
- Jeffrey Sparrow, Mastro Subaru-Tampa (Tampa, Florida)