Arriving in Summer 2018, the three-row Ascent is designed for families on the go.
For the latest all-new Subaru vehicle, engineers thought big. The Ascent not only provides Subaru drivers with a vehicle to grow into as their families and activities grow, it gives seven- and eight-passenger SUV buyers who may not have previously considered Subaru a reason to visit their closest retailer. Packed with the latest technology, the Ascent offers the confidence of Subaru Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive with the fuel efficiency of a 4-cylinder engine. And it never forgets that the passengers in the third row should enjoy the ride as much as those up front. For our preview, we spoke with Subaru of America Ascent Car Line Planning Manager Peter Tenn.
10 Features That Make the Ascent a Must-Have
1. A direct-injection, turbocharged SUBARU BOXER engine provides plenty of power without
sacrificing fuel efficiency.
2. 8.7 inches of ground clearance plus standard X-MODE for all-conditions confidence.
3. A range of trim levels, from base to Touring, offer everything from value to full luxury.
4. As part of Subaru Core Technology, Symmetrical All-Wheel Drive is standard. “It’s baked into our DNA,” says Tenn.
5. The turbocharged engine and Lineartronic CVT (Continuously Variable Transmission) allow the Ascent to tow up to 5,000 pounds.1
6. Cups and water bottles can be easily stored in all three rows thanks to a total of 19 cup holders.
7. The largest Subaru vehicle, the Ascent has room for up to eight people, and plenty of cargo space for all your essentials.
8. The Ascent is equipped with the latest technology, including:
- Standard EyeSight2 Driver Assist Technology for an extra set of eyes on the road, every time you drive
- Standard SUBARU STARLINK3 Multimedia with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto integration, plus available 8.0-inch touch-screen
9. Second-row captain’s chairs or bench seating are available.
10. Air vents, USB ports and reading lights are available to all passengers, offering convenience regardless of which row you’re sitting in. “Nobody is going to be jealous of anybody else in the vehicle,” says Tenn.
Check out the next issue of Drive for exclusive coverage of the All-New Ascent!
1 Certain limitations apply. Additional information will be available Spring 2018. 2 EyeSight is a Driver Assist Technology which may not operate optimally under all driving conditions. The driver is always responsible for safe and attentive driving. System effectiveness depends on many factors such as vehicle maintenance, weather and road conditions. See Owner's Manual for complete details on system operation and limitations. Please remember to turn off EyeSight when going through a car wash. 3 Compatible smartphone and application required. For applications to operate, latest version of each application and optional integrated audio and navigation system unit required. Data provided by smartphone is displayed on navigation screen. Some state laws prohibit the operation of handheld electronic devices while operating a vehicle. Smartphone apps should only be launched when vehicle is safely parked. Your wireless carrier's rates may apply.