Upside-Down Cinnamon Apple Cake
Reward yourself with this apple-flecked sticky-bun cake, easily assembled with refrigerated cinnamon roll dough.
1 1/2 cups chopped peeled apples, divided
1 (12.4 ounce) can refrigerated cinnamon rolls with icing
1/2 cup pecan halves or pieces
2 tablespoons margarine or butter, melted
1/3 cup firmly packed brown sugar
2 tablespoons corn syrup
1. Heat oven to 350 degrees. Spray 9-inch glass pie pan with nonstick cooking spray. Spread 1 cup apples in pan.
2. Separate dough into 8 rolls. Cut each roll into quarters; place in large bowl. Add remaining 1/2 cup apples and pecans.
3. In small bowl, combine margarine, brown sugar and corn syrup; mix well. Add brown sugar mixture to dough mixture; toss gently to combine. Spoon mixture over apples in pan.
4. Bake at 350 degrees for 28-38 minutes or until deep golden brown. Cool 5 minutes. Invert onto serving platter.
5. Remove lid from icing. Microwave icing on High for 10-15 seconds or until icing is of drizzling consistency.
6. Drizzle icing over warm coffee cake. Serve warm.
Recipe has not been professionally tested for accuracy or flavor. Outcomes may vary.